Basic House-sitter responsibilities
The objectives of a house-sitter are firstly, to care for the pets and secondly, to give the home a "lived in" feel for security reasons.
In order to accomplish this, House-sitting.CapeTown requires each of it's house-sitters to stick to these basic responsibilities which include but are not limited to the following:
- To sleep at the premises every night.
- To care for the pets (as near as reasonably possible) in the manner they are accustomed. (feeding, walks, cleaning up poop, medication etc) Please bear in mind that majority of House-sitter's have full time jobs or are full time students, pets that require more "during the day" care will be charged a premium rate.
- To keep the home at least as clean as they found it.
- To put out rubbish and recycling regularly.
- To collect mail from the postbox regularly.
- To ensure adequate care of plants.
- To ensure security measures are maintained.
- To ensure power and water saving measures are maintained. (Cape Town is currently under water restrictions)
- To ensure as far as possible that any dietary restrictions/allergens are not allowed on premises.
- To take cute pics of the pets and send them to Simon.
- To tag #HouseSittingCapeTown and @housesitting.capetown in Facebook and Instagram posts and pictures.
- Not to keep any animal on the premises without the written permission of the home owner.
- Not to sub-let the premises.
- Not to host parties.
If you think of any other items that should be added please contact us!